CLEANING YOUR GYMNASIUM FLOOR
TACKING IS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN YOUR FLOOR-Mastercraft will recommend approved floor cleaner
- Tacking Instructions: Saturate several large towels and thoroughly wring out to remove excess liquid. Wrap one towel around a push broom or block applicator and tack floor. Be sure to refold towel to a clean area as it fills with dust. When towel is completly soiled, replace with a new thoroughly wrung out towel and continue tacking.
- Mastercraft strongly recommends the floor to be recoated annually to restore shine and traction along with protecting wood and paint areas.
- Mastercraft does not recommend the use of masking, theatrical, construction, electrical, duct, adhesive or any other kind of tape to mark temporary court boundaries on the surface of a finished maple floor. It is likely that the tape, when removed will peel away layers of the floor’s surface finish.
THE USE OF AUTOMATED POWER SCRUBBING SIDE EFFECTS
- Mastercraft does not recommend the use of automated power scrubbing equipment for general, daily, or weekly maintenance of your maple floor.
POSSIBLE EFFECTS TO MAPLE FLOOR BOARDS
- Excessive shrinkage and expansion
- Splintering of individual pieces of wood flooring
- Raised or uneven sides
POSSIBLE EFFECTS TO THE FLOOR FINISH AND PAINT
- Premature/excessive finish wear
- Chipping and peeling of paint and finish
- Swirl marks in the finish